THESE 15 PHOTOS OF TROMSO DURING WINTER WILL GET YOU OUT IN THE COLD

London, the land of royalty and fish n chips is a city that should be on everybody’s bucket-list. This fast moving city is rich in culture and brought me back to my British roots. We were there for 7 days and I think that was plenty of time to get everything done including a day trip to Paris!
I am going to give recommendations on what to see, where to go, and fun day trips that are manageable. All of these opinions are based on my own experience and personal preferences.

Must-Sees:

  1. Buckingham Palace & The Changing of The Guard. We, unfortunately, did not get to go inside of Buckingham because the Queen was in town (how cool) but we were able to see the changing of the guard which took me back to my What a Girl Wants days. Although I did not get to come in that close of contact with a guard.
2. Kensington Palace. Because who doesn’t want to casually run into Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle?! We did not get to see them but apparently they sometimes stroll around the garden! If you do not know what Kensington Palace is, it is where the rest of the royal family lives. You are able to tour part of the palace where past royalty has lived, but you aren’t able to tour the current royal families residence. We had an afternoon tea at Kensington which is a must!
3. Tower Bridge. Tower Bridge was located right outside our hotel and it is a must see. This is not the London Bridge, although many people get these confused. Tower bridge is way more beautiful and ornate. You are able to walk across the bridge and you can also take a tour of the bridge which we did not do but I heard it is a great experience.
Jacket from Lulu’s
4. Westminster Abbey. This is the church where everyone in the royal family gets married so that alone should be a reason to visit. On top of that the history is endless and this church has hosted some of the worlds most recognized people. Located right next door is Big Ben. Unfortunately it was under construction when we visited so we could not see the tower.
5. Take a stroll around Notting Hill and visit Portobello Market. Notting Hill is a vibrant iconic neighborhood in London that is definitely worth visiting. Portobello Market runs through the neighborhood and is known for its antiques and vintage fashion. On a beautiful day, it is the perfect area to walk around sightsee and shop.

MUST-DOS:

1. The London Eye. You can not visit London without riding the London Eye. We rode it during the day which was nice because we could see everything. If you choose to go during the day I do recommend at least seeing it at night when it is all lit up because it is beautiful.
Jacket from Lulu’s
2. Go to a soccer (fútbol) game. We saw Chelsea play and I will say that it was one of the trip highlights. I played soccer my whole life so I am a fan, but even if you aren’t it is an awesome experience. The locals take it very very seriously so do not get in their way or they will yell! It was very different from an American sporting event because they do not serve food or drinks until halftime! Also, you are not allowed to bring beer into the stands such rubbish! I’m not sure how long those rules would last in the states.
3. Afternoon Tea. This is a must because nothing is more British then tea! We had ours at Kensington Palace and it was lovely (said in a British accent). We were served a variety of teas, finger sandwiches, scones, and cakes.

EATS:

London has a ton of food markets located all over the city. We were only able to visit three of them and they were all delicious.
  1. Borough Market. This is a huge covered market that has any food variation you can imagine. They also serve fresh foods such as fruit, vegetables, meats, and cheeses. We got chocolate stuffed donuts and they were to die for!
  2. Flat Iron Market. This market is both indoor and outdoor, a sort of food court. They also have food trucks and a Guinness bar.
  3. Maltby Street Market. This market is a hidden gem with an alleyway of vendors set up selling food. They have any food genre you can imagine and I guarantee it is all delicious.
Fish n Chips is Londons most famous dish and a must have! I don’t have a specific place I recommend, just try some! I do not think you can have a bad fish n chips experience.
EL & N Cafe. This cafe is not only about the food it is about the experience. Its unique, pink decor is enough to leave people lining up down the street to get a table. I posted videos and images on my Instagram stories showing all the interiors, tables, desserts, food, etc. I am OBSESSED with EL & N Cafe! It is the cutest cafe I have ever been to and probably will ever go to. Not to mention it is a great place for a photo op! There are about 5 different locations so make sure you go to the right one because they all have different decor! The one I went to was located in Hans Crescent.
Pant suit from Nobody’s Child

DAY TRIPS:

STONEHENGE & BATH:

If you have a few extra days in London then I recommend taking a day trip to Stonehenge and Bath. Stonehenge is known to be one of the worlds most famous prehistoric monument so it is something to see. Bath was not what I expected it to be but it was better. We only had about an hour there but we were able to visit a Roman Bath and explore the city a little bit. The city is so cute and filled with shops and restaurants. I wish we would have had more time to spend there.
Blazer from Lulu’s

PARIS:

I highly highly recommend taking a day trip to Paris. Our train left London at 6 am and returned back at 8 pm that night. We had about 8 hours to explore the city and that was plenty of time to get done everything we wanted. I, of course, would love to go back but I got to see the Eiffel Tower so I am happy! It sounds like a day trip is not worth it but I promise it is. We had enough time to visit the Louvre, take a boat cruise, see the Eiffel Tower, Arc De Triomph, eat at a cafe, and get lots of desserts! We booked ours through Expedia and the price bought us a round trip ticket, a metro ticket, and a free river cruise ticket.
Top from Monomin
There is so much to see in London and no matter how many days you have you will be able to fit a lot in, in one day. The train system makes it really fast and easy to travel throughout the city.
FYI when typing this whole blog post I was talking to myself in a British accent. When you are in London and everyone is talking to you in an accent it is so hard to not respond in the same accent.
Cheerio, Savannah!
Read all about my favorite bathing suits here!

إرسال تعليق

0 تعليقات